We made a few announcements recently that have been rethought, and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
- We had lined up a speaker for the January meeting but decided to instead repeat our January Photo Contest with cash prizes. This was quite popular last year so we are making it an annual event. Everyone is encouraged to attend, but submitting images will be open only to 2014 and/or 2015 paid members. Start narrowing down your images now. You’ll receive full details early in January. APG member Don Byram can help you with your printing, matting and/or framing. Our January speaker will be rescheduled.
- We have decided to split the previously announced new/renewal dues and make dues $15 per calendar year for everyone.
- Membership has been sweetened as we are planning to have a second APG photo contest with cash prizes in the fall of the year.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com. This email address is only monitored a few times a month so please be patient if we don’t get right back to you.
The 2015 Georgia Nature Photography Association Expo will be held at the beautiful Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, Georgia, on Mar 26-29, 2015. This year’s keynote speaker is world-renowned landscape and wildlife photographer Moose Peterson. Field trips on Friday March 27 will include the Day Butterfly Center, the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Trail, a very special Birds of Prey show, the Callaway Chapel and the Sibley Horticultural Center. Several hands-on workshops will also be taught by Moose Peterson and others on Thursday Mar 26 for an additional charge.
Registration opens on Dec 15, 2014. Please see the GNPA website for more details. You do not need to be a GNPA member to register, but a new member discount is available that will cover your $35 membership for the entire year if you attend the Expo. Note that several APG members are active in the NE Georgia chapter of GNPA that meets in Lawrenceville.
The December meeting will be held on Thursday the 18th from 7-8:30 pm in the Community Room of the Lyndon House. This is our annual BBQ & pot luck dinner for paid members and their guests. If you have not already signed up then please R.S.V.P. to Judy Glenn (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than December 11th. You are allowed to bring one guest. APG will provide meat, drinks, and utensils and those attending need to bring a side dish and/or dessert.
There is no Creative Challenge, but please bring your five favorite family-friendly images from 2014 so we can loop them during the dinner. If you’re participating, you can bring your photos on a flash drive or email them the day before the meeting to email@example.com. 1024 pixels on the longest is sufficient. Please, no more than 2048 on the longest side.
Preview of Coming Attractions
Our meeting on January 15th will feature Bruce Barker of Athens Art and Frame speaking about the best ways to mount, mat, and frame your photos, as well as the services his shops offer for printing, framing, scanning, etc.
For our February 19th meeting, Paul Boeker will demonstrate and discuss the work he and others do in the field of “Antique Photography.” No, NOT taking pictures of antiques, but using ancient cameras with the photographic processes used 100+ years ago. During the meeting, Paul will shoot and wet-process a photo using the same techniques used for those portraits of your grandparents and great-grandparents!
- Membership Dues: 2015 dues are $20 for new members and $10 for renewing members. If you haven’t joined for 2014 you can bring dues to the December dinner and be covered for 2015 as well. Just RSVP to Judy Glenn by the date listed in the opening paragraph.
- Don’t forget that the entries to the yearly Juried Lyndon House Art Show will be due in January so start looking through your images now. Entry drop off will be Jan. 27 & 28. The jurist will be from the Whitney Museum.
- Stay up to date with APG on our Facebook page
- If you know someone who would like to be added to our email list please have them send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full House – The Full House 2014 Artist Reception will be held on Saturday, December 6th, 2- 4 pm at the Lyndon House. Full House 2014 is a biennial invitational exhibit open to the members of the 18 guilds and art groups that call Lyndon House home. Please come out to support your fellow APG exhibitors!
40th Juried Exhibition – Submissions for the 40th Juried Exhibition at the Lyndon House will be accepted on Jan 27-28, 2015. The guest juror for the exhibition is Carter Foster, Curator of Drawings, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York. For entry forms, please visit athensclarkecounty.com/lyndonhouse and click on Exhibits, or call 706-613-3623.