Please note the following upcoming pick up and drop off dates for photo exhibitions and competitions:
- If you have work in Full House at the Lyndon House, pickup is Tuesday, January 20th, from 12:30–8:30 PM. Works will not be insured past that time.
- 40th Juried Exhibition at the Lyndon House: Drop off is Jan 27, 12:30–8:30 PM and Jan. 28, 10:00 AM–4:00 PM. These times are firm. For more information and to get a submission form go here: Call For Artist Submissions.
- OCAF’s Annual Southwards 2015 National Juried Art Exhibition. Submittal deadline is Friday, February 13. This is an online submission. For more information go here: Southwards 2015.
- 6th Annual Photography Contest & Exhibition at The Plaza Arts Center in Eatonton. Entries will be accepted March 9–16. For more information go here: The Plaza Arts Center.
The January 2015 meeting will be held on Thursday the 15th from 7:00-8:30 pm in the Community Room of the Lyndon House. This will be our Second Annual Photo Contest with cash prizes. This contest is for APG members who have paid either their 2014 or 2015 dues. This date is before entries are due to the Annual Lyndon House Juried Art Show so you might be able to get a feel for how others react to your images.
RULES OF THE CONTEST
- For members who have paid either their 2014 OR 2015 dues. (See Membership Dues below.)
- One or two printed images per paid member only.
- Printed images are brought to the meeting and taken home at the end of the meeting – images cannot be stored for later pick up. (Images brought on a flash drive will be for critique only and will not be judged for prizes. See below.)
- If you cannot attend, a friend can bring your images on your behalf and will be given the prize money to give to you if you win.
- Images must be 5×7 or larger (no upper limit), framed, matted, OR just tacked on to a matte so there is a solid background around your image.
- Images can be recent or older, but must be taken by the member.
- Images must not have been juror accepted in ANY show, anywhere. Images presented at a gallery or market for sale, or APG shows, or shown at an APG meeting are acceptable.
- If photographer’s name/watermark appears on the image, it MUST be covered up. No exceptions.
- Jurors will be APG members present at the meeting.
- Cash awards will be presented at the meeting. Only one cash prize per member so if you win the point count for more than one prize the lower of the two prizes will revert down to the next highest point count.
- Winning entries will be digitally photographed and projected on the screen for Q&A and comments.
- For everyone: there won’t be a creative challenge but anyone with any image they want projected to have the group critique, bring it on a flash drive. e.g. can’t decide between two images before submission to the Annual Lyndon House Juried Art Show.
- Questions? Please send them to Tony at firstname.lastname@example.org
IN THIS SHOW ALL ENTRIES ACCEPTED, IF RULES ARE FOLLOWED
FIRST PRIZE :: $100
SECOND :: $50
HONORABLE MENTION (2) :: $25
- Dues are now only $15 per calendar year. You can bring the money to this meeting.
- Don’t forget that the entries to the yearly Juried Lyndon House Art Show will be due in January so start looking through your images now. Entry drop off will be Jan. 27th & 28th. The jurist will be from the Whitney Museum.
- Stay up to date with APG on our website: http://www.athensphotographyguild.com and Facebook page.
- If you know someone who would like to be added to our email list please have them send a request to email@example.com.