- Nikon School comes to Atlanta January 9-10th located at the DoubleTree Hilton in Downtown Atlanta
1. Basics of Exposure and Camera Controls
Saturday, January 9th • 9:00-12:00PM More info here.
2. Creative Lighting
Saturday, January 9th • 1:30-4:30PM More info here.
3. Elements of Photography
Sunday, January 10th • 9:30-4:30PM More info here.
- Imaging USA in Atlanta at the Georgia World Congress Center. Free Expo passes can be obtained here.
Sunday, January 10 • 11:30am – 5:00pm
Monday, January 11 • 11:30am – 5:00pm
Tuesday, January 12 • 11:30am – 3:30pm
Upcoming Contest Notifications
- Lyndon House 41st Juried Exhibition entries are due at Lyndon House Arts Center on January 28 from 12:30 – 8:30 p.m. and Friday, January 29, from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. You are allowed up to three entries and the cost is $25. More information on the show can be found here.
- OCAF Members 1: (you are a member, right?) “OCAF Members at UNG” Juried Art Exhibit
Exhibit Dates: March 3 – March 31, 2016. Exhibition Location: University of North Georgia Oconee Campus Gallery. Open to all OCAF Members. No Entry Fee. Submission Deadline: Accepting applications now through Thursday, Jan 14, 2016 at noon.
- OCAF for Everyone: 2016 NATIONAL JURIED ART EXHIBITION Exhibit Dates: April 1 – May 6, 2016
Exhibition Location: OCAF Main Gallery. Entry Fee: $25 OCAF Members/$35 Non-members. Submission Deadline: Accepting applications now through Friday, Feb 12, 2016. More information here.
- Our February meeting will be our annual photo contest with cash prizes. All are welcome to attend but only 2016 paid members are eligible to participate.
This month you’ll learn how to take the guesswork out of printing and having prints made.
In this meeting you will learn the proper techniques that will allow you to produce the best possible prints of your images. Laura and Carolyn plan to cover sizing, color calibration, and paper selection to fit your image. They’ll also talk about Athens Art Prints, an in-shop and online gallery they are creating to promote Athens artists and their work. APG photographers are invited to sell prints of their images through them with no sales commission. As a bonus they will bring a few examples of photo restoration and editing to show.
Laulea Taylor and Carolyn Crist are co-owners of Pixel & Ink Photo Boutique which opened in the Chase Park warehouse in August. Laulea is the creative mastermind who specializes in photo restoration, photo touchup, and art reproduction. She’s been working with digital editing and in frame shops for more than a decade. Carolyn is the social media and business manager who is also a freelance journalist in Athens. She writes for publications such as Flagpole, Atlanta Magazine and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Bring your notepad. Bring your burning questions. Whether you want to use Pixel and Ink, or print yourself, you will leave with the knowledge to stop guessing and start printing.
All photos ©2015 Pixel & Ink Photo Boutique
Lyndon House 41st Juried Exhibition in January 2016
Drop-off works Thursday, January 28, 12:30 – 8:30 pm and Friday, January 29, 10 – 4 pm.
Juror: Mr. Jock Reynolds, Henry J. Heinz II Director of the Yale University Art Gallery. Visit http://
The 41st Juried Exhibition competition is open to all Athens area artists 18 years and older working in visual media. Cash prizes will be awarded. A non-refundable entry fee of $25 is due with submission of up to 3 works per artist.
January 28 and 29- Drop off submissions
February 17- Notifications sent out
February 23, 12:30 – 8:30 pm – Pick-up of works not included
March 24, 6 – 8 pm- Opening reception
May 10, 12:30 – 8:30 pm- Pick-up of works included
This is our annual BBQ & pot luck dinner for paid members and their guests. This is one of the benefits of joining the group. Please read all bullet points, even if you are not a paid member.
- If you have not already signed up then please R.S.V.P. to Judy Glenn (email@example.com) no later than December 10th.
- You are allowed to bring one guest (let Judy know if you are bringing a guest).
- APG will provide meat, drinks, plates, cups, and utensils. Those attending need to bring a side dish and/or dessert.
- No Creative Challenge but please bring your five favorite family-friendly images from 2015 so we can loop them during the dinner. If you are participating, you can bring your photos on a flash drive, or email them the day before the meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org. 1024 pixels on the longest side is sufficient. Please, no more than 2048 on the longest side. sRGB color space is fine.
- New this year – if you are not yet a paid member you may pay $10 at the meeting and join us. You still must R.S.V.P. to Judy Glenn by Dec. 10th. This only covers your admission to the potluck dinner. Everybody will still have to pay $15 in January to cover their 2016 membership.
- Also new this year – PHOTO FLEA MARKET/INDOOR YARD SALE: Have some unused photo gear? Convert it to cash for the holidays! At the potluck dinner, we’ll have some tables at the back of the room where you can display your surplus photo gear and offer it for sale to, or swap with, other members. We will have blank price tag stickers at the meeting, or you can create your own before the meeting. Just include your name and asking price on the tag. This is a great opportunity to trade unused items for actual money, and to pick up some bargain items you never knew you needed!