Congratulations to APG member Jason Machen for not only placing first in the Advance Photographer Smorgasbord category, but then having that image selected as Best In Show of all the images submitted to the Advanced categories in the 7th Annual Photography Contest & Exhibition at The Plaza Arts Center in Eatonton. That means an APG member has won best in show three of the last four years. Well done, Jason.
Upcoming Contests and Notifications
- Lyndon House 41st Juried Exhibition – Although not a photography specific show, images are now on display and open to the public.
- OCAF Juried Arts Show – Same thing. Not photography specific but well worth the drive to Watkinsville.
- Due to technical difficulties during last month’s presentation, we have put together a YouTube video of Alan’s presentation on The Do Good Fund. It has his slide show synched to the audio of his talk. You can watch it here. Highly recommended.
This month we need your participation!
The April APG meeting will feature a group photo editing challenge. Three unprocessed images (plus a bonus image) were contributed by APG members in the categories “People”, “Places” and “Animals” for everyone to download and edit on their own. You can choose to work on one, two, or all three images plus the bonus image using any approach you care to use. Editing is NOT restricted to a photo-realistic style, and any software, plug-ins and post-processing technique is fair game. Cropping is encouraged if you feel the images need it. The only limit is your creativity! The final edit of the image can be in color, black & white or selectively toned.
Save your final edits in JPEG format (at least 80% quality, from 1200–1600 pixels on the longest side, sRGB color space embedded), including both the image number and your name in the file name (e.g. photo1_jqpublic.jpg, photo2_jqpublic.jpg, …), and email the files to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 20. At the April 21 APG meeting we will display everyone’s edits to each image. For your edited image(s) you should be prepared to describe:
- What look/effect you were trying to achieve
- What software tools you used
- What specific changes you made and settings you used (if relevant)
Everyone’s images will be posted in an album on the APG Facebook Group page for ongoing comments and discussion. Join the fun and show us your photo editing chops!
Download links: the jpgs will open in a new browser window. In order to work on the file you can either right click on the image and “Save As” to your computer or go under the File menu and save. The RAW file is zipped and will automatically download when you click on the link.
- Photo 1 – People JPG
- Photo 2 – Places JPG
- Photo 2 – Places RAW
- Photo 3 – Animals JPG
- Photo 4 – Places – Advanced Edit JPG
Photos ©2016 Their respective owners.