- APG Show at Donderos’ Kitchen on Milledge Ave – this will be up through August. Thank you to those who came out for the opening reception. Please continue to support your fellow members and Donderos’ during this incredible opportunity for us. The food really is excellent and well worthy trying. Please stop by for a meal and mention you’re there to see the show. Congratulations to the members who have already sold prints. Tear down will be Aug. 31 from 3:30–5:00 p.m. If you cannot make please get with another member to remove your photo(s).
- Paid members will be able to put a photo in the upcoming Full House show at the Lyndon House. More details will be announced in September. Drop off will be October 28 and 29 so please start preparing your image now.
- Lickskillet will be Oct. 22 this year. Again, this is an opportunity for 2016 paid members to sell their images. APG buys two tables at this event. If you need a full table to yourself then info on purchasing that space can be found here.
- For those who submitted to the Krimson Kafe show, the hanging will be Sept. 6 at 3:45 p.m.
- The Athens Academy reception is on August 28 from 1-3 p.m. at Athens Academy’s Myers Gallery. All are invited to the reception. (This is a retrospective show for those who where in our show in 2014.)
In lieu of a speaker for August we are going to pool together our wisdom, our opinions, and yes, maybe our ignorance.
Do you have an image that seems slightly off, but can’t quit put your finger on it? Let us look at it. Someone in the group is sure to have some ideas on how to improve it. You can show your image anonymously or talk about what bothers you about it. We’ll follow strict rules about making suggestions that are helpful and encouraging. We are going to try and do suggested edits live so bring images that are 2400 pixels or longer on the long side.
Do you have questions about photography gear, techniques, or methods? Bring those, too. Our group has a wealth of experience from vastly different backgrounds. Surely someone will have an answer or be able to point you in the right direction.
The last time we did this it was a large success so come on out and join in the discussions.
Please have a folder for your critique image and a separate folder for challenge images.