Upcoming Contests and Notifications
- Current public shows APG is participating in – Retrospective at Athens Academy and a show at Krimson Kafe in Watkinsville. Please stop in, enjoy a bite to eat, and let them know you are there to support the show.
- Upcoming shows APG paid members will be participating in:
- Full House at The Lyndon House. Deliver works to Lyndon House Arts Center on Thurs. October 27, 2016, 1 pm – 8 pm, or Fri. October 28, 2016, 10 am – 4 pm.
- In 2017 a show at The Oconee County Library is being worked on. You will need to be a 2017 paid member to participate in that show.
- More info coming in 2017.
This month Jena Johnson will talk about improving your photography through travel workshops. Over the past year Jena has traveled to Peru to photograph insects in a jungle setting with BugShot Photography Workshops, with a side trip to Machu Picchu, and traveled to the Arizona desert to study landscape photography on a LightChase Photography tour. Attending a photography workshop allows you to gain insider knowledge about exotic and unique locations as well as learn new techniques with hands-on training. But they present unique challenges as well. After Jena’s talk we will hold a group discussion where APG members can share their personal experiences attending and hosting photography workshops.
Jena is an entomologist at UGA who for many years photographed insects with a 35mm film camera, but when digital cameras became more affordable her passion for insect photography was reignited. She photographs insects for the pure joy it brings her.
More of Jena’s work can be seen on her web site: jenajohnson.zenfolio.com