Upcoming Contests and Notifications
- April 2017 Oconee County Library. Our show is now up through the end of April. Please stop by. The Oconee County Library is along the line with the Jail, Post Office, and Public Health Center. Take down will be Sunday, April 30th from 2–3 pm.
- Lyndon House Small Gallery: There are some interesting photos in the small gallery based on spinning the camera. This is the outside wall gallery. Go to the kitchen and look right.
- Lyndon House Juried Show: There are quite a few APGers in the show and some of their entries have already been sold. It is free to view. It is always interesting and worth a leisurely walk through.
- In conjunction with the Juried Show will be Artists Talks every Thursday from 6–7 p.m. during the month of April. Learn the story behind the art. 3–4 artists are scheduled for each Thursday.
- OCAF Southworks National Juried Show: Like the Lyndon House Juried Show, APG is well represented and has already sold some of their entries. Congratulations to all who made it in. The show is free and well worth taking a look when you have a free hour.
- Adams Exhibit This is a new exhibit at the Booth Art Museum in Cartersville. It will open April 8 with a ribbon cutting of the new, permanent Photography galley – “Picturing America.” The exhibit is 30 signed prints from Ansel’s granddaughter.
News about Pixel and Ink: Pixel and Ink has now moved to a new space on Broad Street. We are expanding our fine art printing services to include framing and printing on metal, wood, acrylic, tile, and more.
To make that happen, we’re temporarily pausing production for April. If you’ve submitted an order to us, we’re wrapping that up this week for you. Then we’ll take the next few weeks to test our new equipment, get samples prepared and train new employees. We can’t wait to show you the great things we can do with our new printing equipment!
What this means for production:
Since April is traditionally a slow month for us, we hope it won’t be too much of an inconvenience. At the same time, we want to help everyone as we continue to renovate! Here’s our promise:
- Prints – We can still do prints for people, but it’ll be on a weekly turnaround. Feel free to send your files, and we’ll set a pickup date.
- Film – We’re still a dropoff point for Dunwoody Photo. Feel free to email us, and we’ll set up an appointment for you to drop off or pick up film.
- Scanning and editing – We’re pausing on these services for April. If you’d like to drop off an order, let us know! We’re happy to hold it until we reopen.
- Art capture – We’re also wrapping up our last few art reproduction pieces this week for April. If you have an art show in May or an event coming up, let us know! We may be able to work something out.
- Photo restoration – We can still accept these orders in April but will extend the turnaround time to May. Let us know if you have photos you’d like to drop off for an estimate.